LESSON 4: QUOTE FOLLOW-UP

4.3 Priorities

Manuscript

In the beginning of this course, I talked about that if we invest in doing a quote, we should also follow them up. So remember, we’re not doing quotes just to do quotes, we do them to win business.

There is local strategy on quote follow up, so please adhere to that. I don’t expect actually that we follow up everything. But there are a base level, and I put in three different quote types:
1. Prototypes
2. Quick-turn
3. Any quote with a value over 1 000 dollars
…and this is why:
Prototypes will give us new part numbers that we can create profit from.
Quick-turn, because if we can serve customers with good quick turns, that will build trust.
And order value above 1 000 dollars because we cannot follow up everything, so if we put out effort in to follow up, it should be done on quotes that have a decent value.

Again, you might have local strategies which are more follow-ups than this, and that’s perfect. Me personally, I would definitely follow up on any new customer quotes, etc. so where I try to build an extra-strong relationship with the customer I just acquired.

So let’s look into how you can get a good overview on your existing quotes, let’s dive into SuperOffice.